Ads

This site may use cookies, third-party analytics or an advertising service. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to this use.

This advertising service is crucial to keeping all of my patterns offered for free.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Finding FREE Cute Crochet Patterns...YIKES!

"Free" is not always free when it comes to searching for crochet patterns. I always seem to get reeled into a site by the claim of free patterns then I get there and its only 1 super crappy free pattern, ugh!


When the idea of learning to crochet was first presented to me it was in an article about how to reduce your stress levels, I decided that crochet seemed like a perfect stress busting craft. Since most (nearly 100%) of the stress I had was all revolved around money (and how I have none!!) a cheap hobby would be ideal.
The idea of buying a pattern for $5+ rubs me the wrong way. No disrespect to anyone who spends lots of time designing patterns, I know you work very hard and you should earn some cash for your hard work. If I had the money I would buy your patterns in a quick second!

After going through hundreds (literally)of websites/blogs trying to find the best free patterns I thought to myself...there must be so many other people out there doing this also so I figured I could track my projects and share them. I ONLY make items with free patterns! I would think that after going through Caron, Lion Brand and many other yarn brand websites I could come up with more free patterns than my wishlist of paid ones.....but it's about even so my hunt continues, I have many many awesome patterns that I'm excited to try out and hopefully you will join me along the way :)

3 comments:

  1. You just have to learn russian ;-) Try to search "вязание крючком"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try mooglyblog.com She has super cute stuff and I have also found a few good patterns on allfreecrochet.com You have to search a little on this site but for a cute free pattern who cares.. I have made hats and shawls, summer clothes with patterns from these sites..

    Savannah,
    In Florida

    ReplyDelete