So.... I decided to make my own. It came out pretty cute and did not take long to make so I thought I would share how I made it.
1. Find an old cardboard box and use a mixing bowl or any large bowl to trace a circle
2. Measure 1 inch around that circle all the way around and cut it out. You will now have a cardboard ring that is 1 inch wide.
3. Make a chain about 1 inch longer than the length of your ring.
4. Single crochet in the chain and make 5 rows of single crochet (I used a J Hook)
5. Use a tapestry needle and use the borders of the piece you just made to sew the piece onto the ring. I used some scotch tape to hold in it place and worked my way around the ring. The back side will look messy but that is okay.
6.Once you get to the "top" where both ends of it meet attach it with the tapestry needle and use the extra to make a loop for it to hang from.
7. Make some hearts, as many as you want, whatever sizes you want and attach them
I made an amigurumi heart which you can find the pattern many place but I used this one:
(which by the way...I used crumpled toilet paper to stuff it since I didn't have cotton balls and didn't want to spend any $ on this project, you can see the white a little bit on mine but oh well)
|Amigurumi Crochet heart|
and I attached it to the top and made others of different color and sizes and just attached them where I thought fit. Here is the link to the page I used for the other hearts.
Unfortunately my camera is not the best but I took these pics to share
(if anybody reads this..) and wants to make it and has trouble let me know and I will try to help.
|Valentine's Day heart wreath|