|Take those old bangles and turn them into a cute crochet bracelet|
I decided to make a bracelet with some old bangles I had laying around, it came out awesome so I thought I would share how I did it.
2 Metal bangle bracelets
Small crochet hook (I used G/4.25 mm)
You are going to want to SC around the bangle. Here's a few pictures to help:
Start by making a slipknot.
Pull the yarn through the bangle
You will have 2 loops on your hook
Yarn over and pull through both loops
* SC around the bangle until it is covered, slip stitch to join
* Ch 2. DC in each stitch around, slip stitch to the top of the first DC
(Here's where it starts to get a little tricky)
* SC onto the 2nd bangle. When you SC you must do it a little differently than before, you need to go through the front loop of the DC then pull the yarn through the bangle. Basically you put your hook into the front loop then pull the yarn through the bangle (you will have 3 loops on your hook) yarn over and pull through all 3 loops. Join.
* HDC in each stitch around. Fasten off but leave a very long tail
*Now push the "flap" (row of HDC) into the interior of the bracelet.
* Take the long tail and your needle to attach the "flap" to the inside using the top loops of your work and loops on the inside.
I'm sorry I don't have more step by step pictures to share. I am going to make another one soon so when I do I will update this with some extra pictures. :)